Monday, January 02, 2006

Ch...Ch...Changes

My loving, wonderful husband is going back to work tomorrow after having been home with us for 10 days. I found I have gotten used to having him home, and I am not sure I'm ready to give him up! I guess I'll have to since the bills need to be payed and all.
Speaking of hubby's work, it seems this year's January to May busy season is going to be even busier than last year's. Not happy about that, but what can you do? J. and I have talked and have come up with some things to make the extra hours more bearable for us all. More on that in a minute.

I have decided that I need to do something more to help my mood. I have always been affected by the shorter days, longer nights, less sunshine, whole cold as hell time of the year. Some call it seasonal affective disorder, I guess everything has a name now, but whatever you call it, I just plain hate this time of the year. Fast forward to a conversation two friends were having about going to a dance class. At first I thought, of there is no way in hell I would ever do that, but then they described how it was a fun way to exercise. If I needed further encouragement, they also mentioned that the instructor had just had a baby. That made me feel better about my current body issue. To quote another blog writer , I am the shape of an olive right now. Small on the top, big in the middle, small on the bottom---not my ass though. That definitely got bigger this time. Anyway, I found out this class is offered on the only night my hubby does a little exercising of his own. Well, normally that would have been the end of it, but I asked my dream of a sitter who is starting student teaching next week, gats!, but since it's in the evening she can do it! So I will be officially starting my first EVER exercise class. IN FRONT OF PEOPLE! Now this may sound silly, but what do I WEAR?????

The other change that is occurring is that due to my husband's increased hours, I am going to have my sitter come by an extra evening too, during the witching hour. After the youngest is put to bed, she'll go home. So, I will be there with my kids, but she'll help me with feeding them, occupying them while I make dinner or the host of other things I have to do. My sitter's cousin may be able to help out too. My now sitter can do two nights, but I used to also have her come when I took S. to tumbling and then she stayed while I did errands etc. by myself. Now that she's student teaching, that's no longer an option for her. I asked her if she knew of anyone, and her cousin may be interested. She would be able to do that then, plus another day. My hubby has actually totally supported this idea. Basically, I would have someone come for 3 hours a day, 2 days a week, then one four hour day/evening. So we'll see. I have my usual sitter already for 5-6 of those hours. So we'll see what happens. I can work with only that much help if I can find no one else; I'm happy that I will have some help this year. Last year when I was pregnant and hubby was never home, he told me to call his mother if I needed help. Course, she was in Florida for four months, so even if I wanted the help THAT badly, she wouldn't have even been here.

So there you go, exercise and asking for help are my two main changes this year. I feel the exercise will help my mood as well as my health, hopefully my body. Plus, I'll be with adults which is always nice.

Oh, my hubby took on the main role as potty trainer this week. It is STILL not going well, and now it's my turn to take over the reins. Any suggestions, please help!!!! BTW, we had a virus attack our computer, so I haven't even been able to read anyone's blog, let alone post. I have got so much catching up to do! I figure I also need to write about our Christmas. Lots to do! Can't wait to get back into our routine. I love routine, I NEED routine!!!!!! Hope you're all doing well.

No comments: