Friday, March 23, 2007

Can You Say We Have a Newborn in the House?

The poor Tot doesn't merely have his usual cold-induced asthma. Oh no, not my son. When we do something in this family, we do it all the way. Otherwise what's the point, right? Well, the poor Tot spent Wednesday alternately between coughing and crying, so I took the little one to the doctor. He is now on three different medications, and is being treated for atypical pneumonia. Nice, eh? I feel so badly for that child. I really do. However, part of his treatment includes having a nebulizer treatment every four hours. EVEN DURING THE NIGHT. I must confess here. I forgot just how truly awful broken sleep is. And how even having a decent night sleep doesn't make up for multiple nights of inadequate slumber. Now I remember a key reason why I don't do well with infants: no sleep! That and the postpartum depression, but I believe that lack of sleep has something to do with that as well. It really does feel like we have a newborn in the house again. I thank God every day for my wonderful husband, because I do not do well with no sleep, a clingy and heavy toddler, and a preschooler who's pissed off because it has rained like every damn day this week and he just wants to go outside to play already!

1 comment:

formerteacher said...

The Tot is doing better. Thanks for asking!