Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Too Close To Home (No Pun Intended)

Remember how I went to San Diego two months ago? Yah. My grandfather is close to the fires. He said they have had to keep their windows and doors closed due to all of the smoke. The mall that is close by to him is now serving as an evacuation center. My uncle, on the other hand, lives in the Los Angeles area with his family. Just a few short miles from the fires. There have been fires around my family's homes before, but this time I am very concerned. As in calling in the morning and at night just to make sure everyone is okay. Please say a prayer for my family as well as the thousands of others that have either lost their homes, or may if the fire switches directions. It makes me wonder if the house I used to live in is there anymore.
***The picture in the right-hand side of my blog was taken in the San Diego area in August. It is the most beautiful place. Hubby and I have talked about moving there, but not anymore. Too scary.

1 comment:

Teachermom said...

I was wondering how close the fires were to your family. I'll keep praying that they stay safe.