Monday, November 14, 2005

Time For Something Lighter, and a Quick Question

S. decided to just 'jump in' while daddy was raking the leaves. We were lucky that daddy also had brought the camera outside. This is seriously the first picture in months where S. is smiling. How did his daddy do it, you ask? S. didn't know daddy had the camera; it was a natural pose. The pictures we tried to take later did not include any smiling. Hell, he wouldn't even look up in most of them. So we are cherishing this picture; who knows how long we'll have to wait for another smiling photo! Now onto the question.

J.'s birthday is coming up, so I bought him a birthday card. I spotted one that I just loved. I turned it over, and it said 'Mahogany' on the back, and then I noticed the pictures on it were all African American men. Mahogany is a brand of Hallmark card geared more toward the African American community. I bought it anyway, and it isn't the first time I bought a 'Mohagany' card for my husband. Often, these particular cards say exactly what I want to say, so why not, right? Am I wrong for buying them? Do you think my husband will even notice? I don't think he'll care. Oh, bloody hell, like my friend would say! What do you think?

No comments: