Tuesday, March 07, 2006

On a Brighter Note




Here is the tot. I put the picture up on the left in hopes that you would be able to tell that his hair is coming in white. It is so beautiful! The tot looks so much like his daddy! The picture to the right is the outfit that I put on him to have his 9-month picture taken in. He is sitting on his brother's PotteryBarnKids chair; I guess now I'll have to get him one too----for his birthday. At any rate, the outfit to the left has a special meaning. My mom bought it for S. when he was a baby. So even though it was still very cold out, I had to put it on him. He has so few things from my mom. I showed S. the picture of him in it, and my mom holding him. He looked so funny in that picture because he kept trying to figure out what my mom's oxygen tubing was. I think S. is finally starting to understand a bit of who she is, and that that is HIM in the pictures and not the tot.

***On a side note, many of you know Dana Reeves dies today. While I did not know her personally, I admired her devotion to her husband all of those years. When I heard she had lung cancer and had never smoked, I felt bad for her. Apparently, she worked in many pubs and such that allowed smoking. So if some knucklehead still thinks second-hand smoke doesn't kill, they are clueless! God bless you Dana as you go to be with the Lord and your husband. May you be out of pain, and may your son feel your presence every day of his life. A child is now parentless; I feel so bad for him.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Those are so cute!

When I heard about Dana Reeve's death this morning, all I could think about was their 15 year old son, who has lost both of his parents in less than 2 years. (I think it's 2 years?)

Tanya said...

ditto to what Kate said.
:(
The pictures are great. The baseball outfit is adorable. Actually, both outfits are.