Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Little Courtesy

My contractor guy had to come late today since he had to drop his son off at the airport. Fine. He told me he'd be here to grout the tile at 11:30. It is now going on 12:30, and I have not heard from him. Is it too much to ask that he call me to tell me he's running late? A little common courtesy would be nice!

**I just had to put the boys in their rooms, because they were throwing toys and generally doing everything they know they're not supposed to do. I'm sick of this! I have played the game 'Trouble' more times than I can count. We played 'Candyland. We baked brownies. They had a mid-morning snack. I let them watch TV while I was taking a shower. What else can I do guys? I'm nearly in tears right now.

3 comments:

Katie said...

My twins make me feel that way at times. I feel like I'm going nuts so I just have to laugh about it. Luckily, those insane moments don't last too long.

And yeah, a little courtesy would have been nice. I hope he did a nice job.

Snoopyfan said...

Maybe a library story time or mall play area? Or it is supposed to be warmer this weekend, you could bundle up a little for a trip to the zoo or a children's museum-not sure how far you are from Kohl's Children's museum or Navy Pier or the one in Rockford? Or what about CoCo Key or one of the other local indoor water parks?

Tanya said...

Something my boys LOVED to do when they were little and board was take all the pillows off the couch and make forts with blankets. :)