Monday, January 19, 2009

My New Love

Any of you who are living in the mid-west, Canada too, know how cold and snowy it has been. For example, I don't have to do cardio. at the gym anymore, all I have to do is use the snow blower and shovel. And if you think that couldn't possibly be enough exercise, then you live in one of those 'warm places', where if you receive a dusting of snow it goes down in the record books.

Because of all of this weather, I hate grocery shopping even more than usual. And I HATE grocery shopping. I loathe it. If I could figure out some way to avoid it I would. Enter Life According to Jim. I watch re-runs of it on WGN at 11:00PM. Last week I watched one in which Cheryl, his wife, had their groceries delivered at the delivery charge of only $7.00. That got me thinking. How could I do something like that? Then I had an epiphany. Is Pe*pod still in business? I went online, and lo and behold, they are! I was so excited. (See kids how much fun it is to be an adult!)
I then had to think of a way to get Hubby to agree. His first question was,"How much is this going to cost?" I told him $6.95 for the first delivery, and $0 for the next 60 days. He couldn't believe how cheap it is. They even sell the Oberweis milk that we have delivered, no hormones, antibiotics, and in cold glass-Yum!) I am cancelling that service, so now we are actually coming out ahead. For those of you who like organic products, they have those too. Can you hear the excitement in my words? All I have to do is use my computer, click on the foods I want, and then SOMEONE ELSE SHOPS FOR ME, and delivers it to my door. No carts that have wheels all screwed up. No crabby people. No one banging into my cart or vice-versa. No long lines. No sweating because I had to bundle up to go outside, and the store is so warm inside.
I may only keep the service until the nice weather comes back. Yeah, that ain't looking too good! For now, I will keep assessing how cost effective it is. I love you Pe*pod, and hope to keep loving you for a very long time.

1 comment:

Wait Another Year said...

Glad to hear you found that service! I'm sure you will be very happy with them. If I lived in a snowy state, I'd consider doing the same thing!