Friday, July 10, 2009

Mish-Mosh

This summer has basically sucked weather wise. It rains every week, and many times it's for multiple days. Now we have cold winters. It is too much to ask for some summer-like weather? Anyway, we have been busy. With T-Ball practice and swimming lessons, and not to mention VBS we're keeping ourselves moving. The only problem with that is our house is cluttered, and I haven't gotten the energy to clean it. Anyone else that way? In the morning, I'm ready to go. Shortly after, though, I just don't want to do it. Now my house is clean, it's just cluttered with toys and the like. I hate clutter, but I'm learning to not stress over it.

I always have a blog entry in my head until it's time to write it. Sorry this is so boring. Hubby and I have decided we need to go see my grandfather and uncle's family. No one is getting any younger, and I want to ask my grandfather questions about our family so these stories live on. The older I get, the more I want to know our family's history.
For this trip, we would like to go sans kids. We'll only be gone 5 days. Since Hubby has travelled so extensively, we can get two tickets to fly free on United. We only have one more year until his points expire. I'm going to try to get my brother and his family to watch them. I will beg if that's what it takes! Originally, I had planned on having that babysitter/nanny person I hired watch them in the day, and in the evening my brother could pick them up. However, she quit before she even started! Apparently, she wanted a full-time position and mine is only part-time. It pissed me off because I had been upfront in the beginning and she accepted the hours. Anyhow, now my brother would have my kids all day and night. That's a lot with S. being so active. I just pray they can do it, because we need to buy our tickets ASAP. It would be pure bliss not having the kids on the airplane!

I do have a sitter come twice a week for a few hours. During that time I work-out, do errands and the like. It is so much faster and enjoyable to go without the kids. Boy, it must sound like I don't love my children and I do! I just need a break every now and then. Speaking of which my youngest still takes naps, but is the one that is currently making loud noises to get attention. The older one said he was going to sleep. As long as he's quiet, I don't care. (Now the older one is noisy. Great. What can I do?)

I can't believe Hubby and I will be married 11 years next week! We also were together three years prior to our wedding. I always thought I would get bored after being with someone for so long, but nope, I haven't.

Well, there you have it. A complete mish-mosh. Hopefully next time I have something to write about.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Bev--I can relate on the clutter (and the needing breaks from the little people of the house)!! I was actually going to call a baby-sitter to come during the day so I can tackle the clutter that has taken over so much of the house it is not even funny! A trip with your hubby definitely sounds like it is in order, so I hope it all works out with your brother watching the boys. Ken and I usually get one trip a year that is just us, sometimes it's just a week-end, whatever the amount it is needed and enjoyed.