Monday, November 24, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sunday, November 09, 2008
I am now on my second antibiotic. The first one didn't work. Lovely. Just what I need. Not only do I feel like crap, but now I have to see the doctor again in a week to provide another 'sample' to be cultured. I'm beyond tired of this. I've been dealing with this now for almost a month. It's time that I feel better. I just need to figure out how to fit a little bit of time for me. Not for a massage, not for shopping, but to go to a doctor. Life as a mom has been really exciting lately!
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
I was in the city today as well. S. had off of school today, so my friend and I took our kids to see a children's play and then off to lunch at the 'train place'. A good day was had by all! Oh, my boys LOVE the city. (We weren't in the downtown area.) They ask me as I go down a street if we are in the city yet, and then on the way home if we are out of the city yet. It's too cute. I love the city too. The safe parts of course. Much more culture and diversity. You can walk pretty much anywhere. There is lots to do there. However, the schools are much better in the 'burbs. Well, that and other things I'm sure.
Tomorrow we'll have a president!
Monday, November 03, 2008
- This morning started off with me spilling my son's entire glass of milk all over the kitchen floor. I mean there was milk on the cabinets, inside the cabinets, on our tables and chairs, on the stove and inside the dishwasher. Yes, the dishwasher. I was going to empty the dishwasher after I handed S. his milk. Needless to say, that dishwasher will be mighty full tonight!
- There was the umpteenth wasp on our sliding door. I couldn't find bug spray. I called Hubby who told me to go to Target. Told him that wasn't going to help me right then. I opened up the screen, and basically willed that stupid bug out the door. While this bug remained on the door, I had to tell the kids to hurry up and eat their lunch since S. had to get on the PM kindergarten bus.
- We walked out the door at the usual time. Remember this was the bus which, only a few weeks ago, had never showed up. Well, today it showed up all right. And early too. Gee thanks bus driver! I had to run with S. to the bus. In sandals since it was so nice out. The boys have tried these sandals on so many times they are stretched out, which has made them very hard to run in.
- I had to mail the bills. We take them to the post office because I do not leave anything with money in our mailbox. We had an incident years ago. On the way, Tot starts screaming, "I don't want to go to the gym!" (His tumbling class.) This is the only day that a friend and I get to see each other. We go, I ask him one more time if he wants to play. He says no. I tell him to sit on the bench while I go in the play area. You can guess what happened next.
- I had to go to the urologist. Last Monday I had a bladder infection and was put on some meds. I still didn't feel well today. Tot got to see the doctor's bathroom again, and I made my 'sample'.
- I had lunch around 2PM. I went out to get S. off the bus at the usual time. Do you see where this is going? Yep, I heard the bus, and had to run again, in the same sandals. Hey, I didn't think I was going to miss the bus a second time! (Prior to this, I had almost always been the first one at the corner.)
- Get phone call. Hubby is going to be late. He also has to be downtown tomorrow. Think about it. Obama is having his presidential party thing there. He and only one million of his friends! Public transportation will be a nightmare, and don't even think about driving. Mayor 'asshole' Daley tells people that they should leave their jobs early. Around 3:00PM. Okay....How are that many people going to leave their jobs? How would anything get done?! Moron!
- I have worried so much I have literally made myself sick. Think back to The Taste of Chicago. Remember the gunfire and the gang activity the night of the fireworks? This is likely to be worse. When Mayor Daley tells you to get the fuck out of Dodge, you KNOW things are going to be bad! I can't stand the thought of losing my husband. I'm not being ridiculous about this. We ARE the murder capital of the entire country after all!
I think that's about all. I have to go wash my hair. I just got it highlighted and colored red. I love it! I only hope that the red stays in my hair this time. Sorry for being a downer. Oh, Hubby just got home. He's going to put the boys to bed. Things are looking up!