Thursday, November 20, 2008

Enough Already!

A few weeks ago, I wrote about having a bladder infection. They gave me one antibiotic, followed by a culture, still bacteria. Onto another antibiotic, followed by a culture. Still have it. Yesterday. I was given my THIRD antibiotic. I'm at the point where I am just angry. I told my urologist that I am resistant to some antibiotics. Let's just say, I have had A LOT of bladder infections. I have been dealing with this for well over a month. I think it's been about 6-7 weeks. I have another 8 days to go before they can do another culture to determine if it's gone. Apparently the bacteria counts have gone down 'so they're doing something, we're getting close' the nurse says. Well, close doesn't cut. If this antibiotic doesn't work, they're going to have to do it my way. Like listen to me. My last infection took the pneumonia drug Levaquin to get rid of it. That's strong stuff. Unfortunately, I went to my family physician for that infection which was over 2 years ago. Of course they don't believe me. I like my doctor, I do. I think the not listening to their patients is a symptom of a larger problem. Many doctors do not listen to their patients or brush them off. I did it their way. If there's a next time, it'll be MY way.

1 comment:

Teachermom said...

Ick! NOT fun at ALL! Has the dr. been able to suggest anything you can do on a regular basis to keep from getting them so often, like cranberry tablets or anytihng like that?

How are things otherwise?