Sunday, September 09, 2007

Being With Grown Ups

(Click on the picture to see it better.)This past Saturday night, Hubby and I went to his annual formal work party. Last year it was at the Museum of Science and Industry. This year it was at the Navy Pier Ballroom. It was very nice. The food was good, the band was too loud but good, and we enjoyed the fireworks very much. What we didn't enjoy were the mosquitos! I had three bites in a short amount of time. I mean what could you do, wear mosquito repellent with your formal dress?! Actually, I didn't even think of the possibilty of a mosquito infestation. Apparently, this has been a record year since we've had all that rain. I tell you, it was very nice to be able to walk outside in San Diego and not have to worry about mosquitos!

At any rate, it was fun being with other adults not having to wipe anyone's hands after we'd finished eating! My brother and SIL even kept our kids overnight so we wouldn't have to wake them up at midnight. We appreciated that very much! So here are some pictures where I actually have a dress on, and a full face of make up! Ya' better look now, it may never happen again!
I'm having some problems with my camera, but wanted to show you my cool shoes. So, ya' know, just turn your head; I'm sorry about this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! I am glad you had fun!

Kate said...

You look gorgeous, and I love the shoes!

Teachermom said...

Fun! You guys look great all dressed up!

Ugh on the mosquitos. I hear ya, it's been bad here too. But I'm guessing it was still worth it for a 'big kid' night out! :)

PS can't see the shoes well...I can't make the pic any bigger.

Katie said...

Glad you had a good time without the kids for a change. You both looked great!

I can't remember the last time hubby and I went out as a couple without our twins. It's extra difficult for us since the closest people we have to babysit lives an hour away. We will try to for his bday in October though. :)

Yep I also can't see the shoes and can't enlarge the picture. Can you make the picture larger?

imperiowoman said...

Yay for you that you got to go out dressed as a grown up! I love the shoes. The mosquitos are terrible aren't they, even when they spray? I can't wait until they die. Do you think this cold snap will kill them?


Jenni