Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Disturbing

Just a moment ago I got a phone call. It read 'Arizona number' on my caller idea. Since I have family in Arizona, and there has been some illness in such family, I decided I better answer it ASAP. When I did it sounded like a telemarketer. He asked me one question,"Do you consider yourself to be pro-life?" Now this is a 4:30 PM while my children are playing. What right does this man have to ask me, someone he doesn't know, a question like that! Anyway, what was he going to do with the information? No, I did not stay on the line long enough to find out. Pro-life or not, this was pretty creepy. Whose business is it anyway what I believe! It just makes me angry that these people have my name, and said it correctly which rarely happens. This was not a cold call. They knew who I was before calling so I must be on some list that someone sold to them. I know I'm rambling, but this is really creeping me out. I'm just so sick of the abortion debate.

A Planned Parenthood has been built in a surrounding suburb, and of course people picketed it, and now they are going to court to stop it from opening. Now whatever your views on abortion are, I bet most women want access to birth control and good gyncological care. There are women who can't afford that. But because abortions, which are still legal, are performed there, the pro-life picketers don't want this clinic to open. This is on the news all the time. Every time I turn around, there is a debate. I am really tired of it. And now, a pro-life agency is calling people to do what I don't know. I have never received a call like that, and I hope to never receive one again. Don't pull me into this. I believe woman should receive good medical care, and not just the fortunate ones like myself. And whether someone likes it or not, right now abortions are still legal. Let's move on.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I got the SAME CALL yesterday! Eck. I am tired of the whole debate as well. They have signs all around my kids schools.

Teachermom said...

Sheesh. That would creep me the heck out. No doubt it was someone using a calling card to make the calls. I still see them picketing a clinic close to my old house just about every weekend.

I wonder what the phone person wanted you to do? Picket? Call?