Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Cuteness Overload~~~Edited

Every now and again I'll say to the boys, "Well, when you're a dad you can..." The other day, S. says to Tot, "Hey Tot, when you're a dad you can do whatever you want." I guess my kids are listening to me even when I'm sure they haven't heard a word I've said.

***Today was interesting in the whole (what my kids hear) department

Yesterday I was proud that my kids actually have been listening to what I say. Today? Not so much.
When I was very frustrated about something the kids were doing, I said,"I am very..." And before I could get out what I wanted to say, S. said,"Ticked off?" It could have been worse, I guess. For example, did you know that Justin Timberlake says 'motherfucker' twice in the song Sexy Back (only on the CD itself)? Neither did I, but my kids and I now do. Ugh.....

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Isn't it great to know they DO hear you? Even greater that it wasn't something bad that you pray they don't repeat and embarass you!

Teachermom said...

Uh oh! Well, I guess with the good of listening to us comes the not-so-good of them listening to other things, also! Oopsie!

Katie said...

Yep, kids do listen and they will say it back when we least expect it. Its so cute to see my kids reiterate something I told them hours ago. Its surprising and like I said, oh so cute.

I just realized that in Fergie's song "Glamorous" she says "F* you all" in there. I listen to that song a lot with my kids and I hate that she says that.

Also, I answered your question in my latest blog post. Sorry I've been kind of out of it but I really do appreciate you reading and commenting on my blog. Sometimes its just what I need to help me get through something. So thanks again.