Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reformed Snob

Our MOPS groups gets a 'little' something for each mom when they have a birthday. I volunteered to do the shopping and, since our budget is lower this year, offered to pay for them. Enter the Dollar Store.

I don't want to seem like a snob, but I haven't gone into a dollar store in decades. I figured things would be made poorly and the like. However, I wanted to buy twenty items and cheap! Well, I found nirvana there.

Not only did I get twenty presents for twenty dollars, but I found other items as well. I was so surprised to find that there were some name brand things in there! Of course, there were items I have not seen since my childhood, but all in all it was a positive experience.

I can't say this will be a store that I will frequent, but now that I know what it sells, I will now go back when I need one of those items. I will no longer be a snob about where I buy things. Okay, I will try not to be a snob about it!

1 comment:

Teachermom said...

ha ha - you crack me up! I like to go in there for crafty stuff for the kids, and the D*llar Tr** used to sell (maybe they still do?) some GREAT beginner's scissors.

I was actually just in there today...doing a scav. hunt for my Wed. night kids' class and had to find enough 'pirate' themed stuff to hide around the playground.