Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I'm Talking About a Heat Wave

Being that we are in a lovely heat wave, I am searching for things for Steve to do during the day. It stinks for him because we are always inside just like we are in the winter. If we do go out, it's before 9 AM or after 6 PM. So we are bored! So bored that I took him to tumbling TWICE this week; they are oferring a pay for one session get two sessions deal. We are tired of the Elmo sprinkler, Steve isn't very interested in sidewalk chalk, and heck doesn't daytime TV just suck?!

Today my brother, the SAHD, called and asked if we'd like to go to the mall and do a return with him and his three kids. I jumped at the chance for some adult interaction! Then I find out that school starts in three weeks. THREE WEEKS!!! Where did summer go? I feel like we didn't get a summer because we've been inside so much.

But on a sweet note, my son Steve is the best hugger! I get hugs and kisses constantly, many times without even asking. I tell you, when I am feeling down that child can always pick me up. I love you, Stevie!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Steve sounds like Jacob. He is a loving little boy too. I love it because it makes my bad days all better (most of the time).

formerteacher said...

I know what you mean! Our boys are the best, aren't they?!!!