Thursday, November 17, 2005

Happy 6-month Birthday, My Little Son!




It seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant with you. I remember checking into the hospital, and this time it was almost a let-down; no wheelchairs, and a nurse came down to get us from the lobby. No emergency room like your brother, although it was almost as early. We had to be there at 5:30AM, and this was the one time that I didn't mind getting up early! We had scheduled your birth since mommy had such a hard time with your brother. Good thing I did, since the doctors were wrong once again; you also were a big baby! I had such a good medical team taking care of me this time. I remember there had been a discussion about what radio station they would play. I remember a Rolling Stones song playing as they were prepping me. And when you were born the song from a LONG time ago played: 'And even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey.' Since it was a song from when I was very young, I do not know the artist's name.

Every morning I would wait for the nurse to bring you in, and I would want to hold you right away! I remember thinking one word summed you up: sweet. You had the coolest eyes, you'd look right into mine, and I fell in love instantly just like the books tell you.

We took you home on a beautiful, warm and sunny day. A stark contrast to the day we brought your brother home, poor guy. We were so happy that we had our miracle home and in our arms. You are our culmination; the culmination of all of our love, persistence and faith. I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months has in store for you. Just please don't grow up too fast!

*Feeling kind-of down today. It appears my endometriosis is back. I'll post about it soon.

3 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Bev,

First, I'm so sorry your endo is flaring up. I don't know what pain your in, but I have ovarian cysts so I'm so sympathic for you.
I could possibly have endo but I've spent so many hours with pelvic pain and getting pelvic exams that my pelvis is closed for business. Hee...

Guess what? Check out my blog.
Ok I'll tell you, I got a verbal approval for the gastric bypass.
I will be doing it in early 2006.
I cannot beleive that I was approved so easily, this was meant to be. I cannot wait to save some $$ on not going to the pharmacy for so many medicines to keep these things at bay.

I loved the pictures. I'm coming to play with him, he's so happy.
Your other son is a normal 3 year old, I bet he ham's it up when the camera isn't on.

I hope your feeling better. I haven't needed pain medicine for a few weeks and I'm so happy. I hope your keeping warm. It's cold down here.

JT

formerteacher said...

Thanks, Sandi! I sure hope my endo.doesn't get to that point either. I am scared it might, though. Thanks for the prayers! I need them!

Sue, I can't believe he's 6-months either! My little chunky monkey! You'll be there again soon!

And congrats., Jen! That is awesome news!!! Oh, I love your statement'my pelvis is closed for business'! How funny and sadly for us, true.

Aimee said...

Bev, Sorry about your endo. I'm so behind on blog reading its not even funny.

Ryan is just precious. I got a little teary eyed looking at the pregnancy and hospital picture because I know just how fast they grow. I can't wait to do it one last time.

Josh will be five months next week. Sniff, sniff.