Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's What All the Kids Are Wearing

My brother had one item that he wanted for Christmas that was so easy to buy him. It was Abercrombie and Fitch cologne, and I hadn't been there in years having been trying to get pregnant, getting pregnant, losing weight, trying to get pregnant again, being pregnant again....you get the idea. All I'm gonna say here is this: pushing a double stroller.

I felt about a hundred, course when you're a hundred years old I guess you're probably not pushing a stroller anymore...But anyway, I was approached by the usual 16-year waif-like salesgirl, and this time I decided I was going to tell her what I needed and have her get it, you know having a double stroller to push and all. Well, come to find out that they were sold out of the cologne my brother likes. However, to my good fortune there was another cologne that smelled very much like their original, which I don't remember what that smelled like, but didn't care. AND...you'll all be happy to know this, IT'S WHAT ALL THE KIDS ARE WEARING THIS YEAR. I debated about telling her the cologne was for my 35-year old brother, but decided against it. Was I this fucking annoying when I was a 16-year old saleclerk???

1 comment:

Jen Taurus said...

I have a niece whose a teen and she tries so hard to fit in. It kinda cracks me up because that was me 15 years ago, it seems like yesterday that I was going through this.

I hope she never suffers depression. There is so much in the news these days about people seeking treatment for depression.
I am certain I was during college but I was scared to seek help.
I now know that help is there, but it's still a secret. It's funny that you were in there with a double stroller. Next time, order it online and have it shipped. Go out with your kids makes life so different. I look at you and you look like a 'grown up' I look at me and I still see a young collegeish person. I have alot of gray's starting now so it's kinda killing my younger image.

What else is crazy is how kids are trying to be soo cool. After you go to college it's all subjective. My niece goes to private school and they are really wealthy at the school, I guess her parents are better off than I ever knew.

I wanted to tell a secret, I didn't tell the dr about my depression when I sought surgery. I figured what they don't know won't hurt them. I already discussed this with the therapist and he felt that I was getting adequate treatment so it didn't come up at the psych profile visit.

Otherwise, life is hum drum. IN 48 more hours it will be 2006 at work and I will have my PTO replenished. I have 2 big hours right now and I'm running big. I am going to try super hard not to blow my time being sick next year.

Take Care - Race you in the double stroller, isn't it heavy to push with two kids? Pregnant girl from work quit today, I guess two kids in 11 months wili drive you out of the work force.

JT