Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dressing Room Disaster

The other day I went in search of a cute summer dress. I thought I had found a possible contender, and I was even happier when I found it had been marked down. Now I fall between two sizes in most clothes, so I always have to try them on. Well, they had the smaller size, but not the next size up. Okay, I thought. I'll just try it on and see. It couldn't hurt. Oh, but it could. And did.

As I was putting on the dress, one of those that has no zipper or buttons of any kind, I anticipated there could be a problem. However, I did not anticipate getting stuck in the dress. I started to panic and got sweaty thinking I was going to have to ask some strange salesperson to help get this dress off. How embarressing! I am whiter than a snowbunny, with added spider veins to boot. (Thanks boys for those!) I did not want to have to show my nearly naked body to a stranger. And the lighting in those places just makes everything look worse! Needless to say, I kept trying to get the damn dress off! Suddenly, I heard a little rip. I thought to myself that as long as it didn't go all the way through it'd be fine. I kept at trying to pull the dress on over my head. And alas, it came off! I hurt my neck in the process, but there was no way I was walking out of the dressing room with a dress halfway off my body. Nope. No way! Have any of you ever had a time when it looked like you might be wearing home the outfit you tried on? I can't be the only one. By the way, I never did find a dress that day. Doesn't it figure!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

That has happened to me a few times. It's usually because there is a zipper that I didn't see. Luckily I have always been able to wiggle my way out.

Anonymous said...

Nightmare city! I hate trying stuff on. Which explains why I don't have many clothes!