Friday, August 17, 2007

Tot's Newest Obsession

Lately I've been putting Tot into his chair in just a diaper since he usually gets food all over his clothes. Let's just say I am sick of all the extra laundry. Well, since I've begun doing this Tot has been interested in his nipples. Really interested. One morning I turned around and saw my oldest next to him. I heard S. say to Tot," Tot, those are your nipples. Yours are small. Mommy's are bigger." I turned to him and said quietly, "Your Daddy's are bigger too," but I don't think he heard me. I decided that it was too early, also sans coffee, for me to go into any type of explaining. Besides, does anyone know why boys/men have nipples??? I'm sure that little question will be asked soon!

5 comments:

imperiowoman said...

My oldest is almost 9, I am NOT looking forward to the questions that he is sure to have soon. I can only imagine what he has heard on the bus!

Jenni

MB said...

Hi-

You didn't upset me. You did the right thing. Just make sure she knows you care and you can and will talk about it anytime. Tell her about these blogs and the people you know. Tell her about the comfort we give each other. I swear it has made a difference for me.

Hugs,
M

Katie said...

Hi! New reader here. Saw your blog through someone else's. My twin son is going through the same thing when I take his shirt off. He just feels them and says "nipple" in our native language then giggle.

To prevent my kids from getting their clothes all dirty during mealtime, I use the large bibs that catches food. They hate wearing them, but once they see something they want to eat, their focus is off of the bibs.

Kate said...

I don't know why men have nipples. That's a good question. I had to laugh at this entry though- it made me think of "Meet the Parents" and Ben Stiller telling Robert DeNiro that you can milk anything with nipples.

"Really Greg? I have nipples. Can you milk me?"

formerteacher said...

Imperiowman, I can't imagine what your son is going to hear on the bus either! If he finds out why men have nipples, let me know!:)
Katie, thanks for reading! And I'll be sure to get one of those bibs! Thanks for the suggestion!!!
Kate, I remember that in the movie too! How funny!!!