Monday, January 21, 2008

Embarrassing!

So, as most of you know, I am finally able to get a new bathroom that resembles more the 2000's and less of the 80's! Anyway, this requires going to pick out tile, faucets and the like. We went on Saturday to try to find something we, cough cough,I liked. Since our contractor recommended L*we's, we decided to go there after dinner and a few other errands. L*we's was last on our list since it is the closest to our house.

The boys were so excited that we were able to find one of those race car-like carts. They were so excited they barely noticed us moving into the tile department. Hubby and I compared pretty much every tile and were having such a hard time finding one that we liked. We did put a few in our cart to take home and see if they looked any better in our light. We were so entrenched in looking at tiles that we didn't hear the,"15 minutes 'till closing," message over the intercom, nor did we hear the one that the store had closed! It's a good thing that our boys suddenly decided that they did not care to look at more tile, and started bothering each other, which resulted in screaming, or they might never have found us! I was so embarrassed, but Hubby wasn't. Being that I worked in retail all through college, I remember how pissed off my colleagues and I would get when people wouldn't flippin' leave! They left one check-out line open for us, and then locked the doors behind us.

The ironic thing is that we didn't even like any of the tile there. After church on Sunday, we ended up going to The T*le Shop where the assistant manager spent a lot of time helping me to select the perfect combination of tiles for our bathroom. I guess the lesson of all this is to make sure you look at the store hours listed on the doors. If we had, we would have noticed that L*we's closes at 9:00PM, not 10:00 like H*me D*pot. Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

*giggle* We have done the same thing. I belive we were in Costco. We had just moved into our new house and we were SO excited about buying a bunch of new stuff. Including a swing set! A lady came up to us in the store and said " Excuse me, we closed a half hour ago!" She was REALLY snotty about it-but I understood.

Katie said...

I think we've all done that at least once. Don't feel too bad. It must be so exciting to shop for all the stuff for your new bathroom huh? I can only imagine...lol.

I responded to your comments on my blog. Thank you for reading.