Monday, June 02, 2008

You Know You've Turned Into Your Mother...

  1. While in the dressing room with your son, you tell him not to ball up his clothes and throw them on the floor.
  2. When your oldest says to you,"What's Tot going to have to do?", and you tell him to worry about himself not his brother.
  3. When your son tells you something isn't fair, and you tell him life isn't fair..
  4. When you tell your kids when they are done with something to put it back where it belongs.
  5. When you say how tired you are of all the mess.
  6. When you find yourself asking if you're doing everything around the house.
  7. When you ask your son,"Did you not HEAR me? I told you to..."
  8. When you ask, "Who's fed the dog today?"
  9. When you yell at your older son to stop touching his brother!
  10. When you find a toy broken, clothes on the floor etc..., and you tell your son he is lucky to have nice things, and he needs to take care of them...or Grandpa etc. bought you that and you need to take care of it. Or, "What happened, that's your good shirt! You need to take better care of it!"
  11. When one of your children has spilled something, etc.., and you loudly tell them,"I can't have anything nice anymore!" or something along those lines.
  12. When you tell your son to 'watch what he's doing' in a variety of situations.
  13. When you say,"I'm not going to do it for you."
  14. When you ask,"Why would you do that?!"
  15. When you yell,"Clean your room!"

***So what do you do/say that reminds you of what your parent/s used to say to you???

4 comments:

Kate said...

I used to think to myself, "I hope you have a kid just like you someday!"

My mom always said that!!

Kate said...

PS- I "borrowed" your Mother Teresa quote.

Jen Taurus said...

I will post again this weekend.

Go check out what I blogged about.

It's hot as haitis here, 95 by day, hot and sticky in the AM.

Good Night.

Colleen said...

I've said many of the things on your list!! When I tell the girls to do something and they say they don't want to do it, I say, "Well do it anyway."--my Mom said that all the time. My newer version is to say,"I didn't ask if you wanted to do____, I'm telling you to do _____" Seems like something a Mom would say!