Sunday, September 07, 2008

And We Wanted Him To Be Potty-Trained Why?.....

A friend of mine and I took our three boys to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day, so we stayed longer than usual. Tot even told me twice when he had to go potty. (Pee, not poops of course!) I figured since he had gone so much that we would be fine for the 35 minute ride home. Oh, silly, silly me! We only just pulled onto the highway from the zoo exit, when my little bundle of love exclaimed,"Mommy, I've got to go potty." Of course, S. repeated what Tot said to me because apparently he thinks I am deaf all. the. time! So I do what any mom in that situation does. I ask him,"Can you hold it?" Luckily, he said yes, but I knew he couldn't do it for long.

When I got to the corner where we turn, I saw a Burger King. I figured he couldn't make it until we got to the nicer town, so I reluctantly turned into the parking lot. Let me say this. ***I hate public restrooms, particularly those of fast food restaurants. They are seldom clean, and I just get a feeling of 'ick' whenever I'm in one. I ran with Tot in hand, and S. following behind, into the bathroom. I felt a sense of dread when I realized that there were only two stalls and one was out of order, and the other 'occupied'. I kept talking loudly about Tot holding it hoping that would make the person in that stall hurry up. When she left, in we went. We made it! And on the way out, I wiped Tot, S.'s and my hands with the wipees that were in my purse. Unfortunately, I watched Oprah one day when their 'germ expert' was on, and I cannot for the life of me get the info. of a sink is the dirtiest place in the bathroom out of my head. That we are most likely to get sick from it, rather than the toilet. That the toilet is cleaner than the sink! Well, I also can't get the info. that one must use a kitchen brush-thing to clean the kitchen sink, because germs will continue to stick there if we don't. Hubby suggested I not watch anymore shows about germs. I'm tryin'! I'm also trying to stay out of fast food restaurant bathrooms. Hopefully, Tot will let me!

***The exception is the McDonald's restaurant in Albion, Michigan. That Mickie D.'s had the cleanest bathrooms of all restaurants, not just fast food restaurant, that I have ever been in. I should've written them that. Ah..I always have good intentions.

4 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Bev,

Are you certain this skin medicine is causing your constant bleeding? I'm not sure what to tell you here except, I started chronic bleeding in March - had a depo provera shot in Jan and April and I was still bleeding up until the day I had my hysterectomy.

Right now I'm suffering hard because they took out the ovaries. I am really tired of these hot flashes and being so gross and sticky. YUCK.

That was funny about your son and the tampon box. I have all that stuff s till, I guess I can purge it because I will never need it again.

I have so many sadness issues right now.

Katie said...

So glad to hear he was able to hold it til you found a restroom. And I'm with you - I hate fast food restrooms too. They are USUALLY nasty and smelly. Anyway, I'm so glad that my baby girl is potty trained (happened in CA). Now my son is a whole other story. He's really really slow in that area and no matter how many times I remind him or how many spankings he gets, he JUST DOESN'T get it. I get so frustrated but I know one day, he'll get it.

By the way, I tried to make my blog password protected but couldn't figured that out so I made it available only to those with email addresses which I invite. I didn't see one for you so if you wan't to keep reading, send me your email.

Teachermom said...

Thank goodness for bladdar control!

I am cracking up at the public restoom commentary. Let me just tell you how very thankful I am that M now does the stand-up potty thing and doesn't take every stitch of bottom clothing (including his shoes!) off in public restrooms. Praise God for that! :)

Ah, Albion...that must have been from your trip to see us?! :)

Teachermom said...

PS - K has informed me that we ARE going to American Girl Place in June of 2009. I was not aware, but who am I to say no? I think we'll be visiting you guys again next summer! :) I'm actually going this Fall with a gf for a girls' weekend, but we are both flying in from diff. states to meet up, so I don't think I'll have extra time for a meet-up with you on this trip. But there's always June! :)