Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Inappropriate, Maybe, But Definitely Funny!

Friday the 22nd was my mom's birthday. I always try to visit her grave on this day. The boys are lucky; they get to go with! At any rate, I told S. that we needed to go to the cemetery. He replied,"What do we need to get there?" It may be time to talk with him about the whole death thing, don't ya' think! But I did answer what a cemetery was and why we go there. When we got to my mom's grave, we sang Happy Birthday softly to her, and then said a prayer. After that I told my mom what the boys were doing. You know kindergarten and preschool etc... Then we went to leave. Now remember my son loves numbers. He kept telling me the years that were on the grave stones. Then it was like a mild competition between the two of us to see which one could find the earliest date. He won. He found the year 1870. It's funny because S. is SO afraid of weeds. He absolutely refuses to walk on them, or touch them in any way! However, he walks over name plates and fresh graves like it's nothing. Hubby and I agree that when he understands what he is standing on, he'll freak out. But for now, he is happy doing that. He's none the wiser.

Now onto Tot's funny story. Monday, the whole family went grocery shopping. Do we know how to celebrate a holiday or what! Well, I needed to buy some tampons, so off we went to that aisle. As we started walking Tot said,"Why are we in the diaper aisle?" Hubby and I just laughed. But then Tot says pointing to a box of Tampax,"I want those." I just told him that he will never be in need of any of these items and walked away. Kids sure say the darn-est things, and made the end of our holiday weekend more bearable.

3 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Your so brave, I never, ever enter the Cemetary in NY to see my mom.
It will be 5 years soon and nada.
She's buried with grandpa so I know she's protected. My daughter was at Cemetary 1 time and kept asking why the only prayers they said here "our Father' and Hail Mary.

Kate said...

I think it's neat you take your boys to your mom's grave on her birthday. I've always thought cemetaries were fascinating. That's so funny about S. not walking on weeds- for the longest time Brody was afraid of gas.

Hey, atleast your kid isn't getting tampons out of the cupboard and handing them to you when you're on the potty! That was when I knew it was time to start locking the door. :P

Kate said...

Doh... that should say GRASS, not GAS. Brody was afraid of GRASS.