Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Does Everyone Have a Twin???

When I was in high school, my boyfriend, the lovely one I wrote about, told me that he had an embarrassing situation to tell me about. He told me that he saw me, or what he thought was me, in the hallway. Thinking it was me, he went to grab her hand and said, "Hi Hun." He said he was shocked and embarrassed when she turned to him and gave him the what the fuck are you DOING look. Of course I did not believe him. I mean come on. No one can look that much like another person. It's just not possible.
Later two friends of mine came up to me to tell me the same story. Well, close to the same story. They didn't try to hold her hand. They kept saying to me,"She really does look like you." The next year when the high school yearbook was out, I heard from more people how this same girl looked, yep, just like ME, and these people didn't even know the others.
Two years ago while I was running the track at the gym, a man came up to me and started talking. I had my headphones on, so I could only see his surprised expression when he realized I wasn't the woman he thought I was. I took the headphones off, and he was so stunned that he told me the woman's name, Brigette..., and exactly where she worked. He said it was like looking in the mirror. It shocked him. O--kay.
And then I finally had it happen to me. Tot started the new session of tumbling. We have new people who have joined. We all start out in a large, red circle. Since it was the first class, we all introduced ourselves. As we went around the circle, I saw her. Now I was the person with the shocked look on her face. Guys, she looks just like me, expect with blue eyes. It's freaky! It really is like looking in the mirror. Maybe everyone really does have a twin.

No comments: