Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Pink

Our Susan G. Komen 'Race for the Cure' was this past Saturday. I made the boys shirts this year. Being that it is dealing with Breast Cancer, I made the lettering pink and added sparkling pink pain to it. You know, to kind of dress it up a bit:) The shirts are short-sleeved, so I worried that the boys may be cold. Let's just say I shouldn't have wasted any brain cells worrying about that! It was over 80 degrees and beautiful. I even wore shorts! Here's a picture of my darlings. Their shirts say 'Walking in memory of Grandma'.
It did make my heart sad when S. said to my father,"We are walking for someone who's far away. She's up there (fingers pointing upward) in heaven with God." And that I know is true.

1 comment:

Teachermom said...

Love the shirts. You did good!

I know it must be so hard for you...I get choked up every year thinking about how my mom is there to walk with me, and I know people (like you) whose mothers are not.

I didn't realize the komen walk was the same weekend I was in town, or I would have tried to see you while you were in the city.