Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Week in Review

I cannot describe just how wonderful it was having hubby home last week! We also had our wonderful babysitter come a few days so that we could go out and do things just the two of us! I figure that I can review our week with a few pictures.




Hubby and I began our weekend sitting outside on our new patio with our fire pit going. So nice.


We took the kids to the Shedd Aquarium which we will NOT be doing again for a long time. It cost each of us $26, not including parking. And the city of Chicago wonders why attendance has dropped? There were also a lot of school field trips that day, and the restaurant area smelled a whole lot like the school lunchrooms I remember. Gross! No matter how much extra money the schools that I worked for offered for me to do 'lunch duty', I never would. The smell was just too bad! The boys did seem to have a really good time, which I guess was the whole point.




We also went to the zoo, and both of the boys did great despite the less than stellar start. Notice how hubby and I are the only ones looking at the camera!



S.'s motto for our vacation. The kid just loves to 'do' things.









Our little gardener. S. loves to water plants. The zoo's family center has a whole greenhouse-type thing for the kids, and S. had a blast!






The flowers S. and I planted using kids' buckets. Hubby took the handles off so no child could pick them up and take them off the patio. Whatever. The little spray bottle is his, and he loves watering them just like he did at the zoo.




The tot enjoying the weather.








Our new landscaping in the backyard. Who were the cheap landscapers we had do the work? Why ourselves, of course. I don't think we did a bad job.



Hubby and I also worked out, shopped and had dinner together during the week. Oh, and we also finally got to that will thing. Now that was just so much fun. I did learn something useful that I felt I should share. If you don't have the time and/or money to go ahead and do a formal will, you can write down on paper who you want to be the guardians of your children, etc. and have two witnesses watch and sign it, like your neighbors. Our lawyer said it is just as legal as the formal will. And cheaper! Just thought you'd like to know.

Next entry: the big V.???

1 comment:

Tanya said...

It sounds like you guys had a GREAT week.:) You know what hey should do-- have an all in one season pass you can buy to go to all the different museums and such downtown. I agree that everything is WAY overpriced. Ugh. The kids want to see the King Tut exhibit AND I guess there is a new Frog exhibit that Cuddlebug wants to see at the Museum of S and I. I will go broke after all that. LOL
We went to the zoo last weekend. Brookfield. So much fun. :)
I love the bucket planter idea and I LOVE your patio.