Thursday, July 12, 2007

Of Which Bothers Me

Lately, there seems to be a lot of stupid things occurring. When they do, I always think of some grand post I am going to write, but of course never do. So instead of writing a lengthy, well-put together post, this is what you're getting.

Things That Have Bothered Me This Week

  • When I went to pick up my happy pills, there was a two-page warning about anti-depressants leading to suicide in children and teenagers. This packet of info. even listed the signs to look for. Well, the last time I looked I am not a child, and if they just looked at my birth date that is listed in their computer they would see that I have not been a child for a very long time! I'm sure it's just CYA to them.
  • I went to my second appointment at my dermatologists. I've had to go because it appears that two months ago my skin thought it had become attached to the body of a 15 year-old. Hey, maybe that's why I'm getting that packet attached to my happy pills.
  • I had to have a blood test before my dermatologist would write a prescription for a certain medication that she is sure will clear up my 'hormonal acne'. It's used off-label by dermatologists. What is it normally prescribed for you ask? Congestive heart failure and high blood pressure. I have low blood pressure. Hubby may have to pick me up off the floor, but hey, I've got clear skin!
  • As I was registering to have my blood drawn, you know giving them my life history, when the question came to 'employment', the woman who was registering me said aloud, " Unemployed." Oh, yes. My life as a SAHM is really thought highly of. So highly that basically I don't really seem to exist to society.
  • While at the zoo today, we stopped at the park that is designated for 2-5 year olds. My kids love it! Well, SOME people can't read because there were children there that clearly have not been in that age bracket for almost 7 or so years! I also dislike very much when I have to discipline someone else's child who is old enough to know not to knock down a two-year old! If you're 10, 11 or 12, you KNOW better. My girlfriends and I decided we had to leave much to the disappointment of our kids who are in the age group this park was built for. That shouldn't have happened. Have some common courtesy!
  • When you get food purchased, or taken out of your bag and set up, and everyone has the untensils they need, napkins, and the mothers are FINALLY sitting down, well that is NOT the time to tell them that strollers are not allowed in that cafeteria-style restaurant! I understand that rules are rules, but please tell us before we are sitting down. Like, tell us when we are in line buying said food. I had my double stroller, and you cannot tell me they couldn't see it.
  • It's starting to really get to me how little time I have for myself. How it seems like I run from one place to another with the kids, FOR the kids, and never get to even sit down. I'm exhausted, and my body seriously hurts. And the thing is nobody seems to appreciate what I do. Unemployed my ass!
  • What has really pissed me off the most this week, and most weeks, is never being able to finish a damn sentence! Whenever my friends and I , or Hubby and I, try to have a conversation some child interrupts or needs something or is 'All done' with their meal, and damn it he does not want to sit here while you eat your lunch much less actually talk to someone other than him.

Ahhh......much better. Sometimes I just need to get these things off my chest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! SAHMs Unite! The connection you made between the warning label and the trip to the dermatologist made me chuckle. Sorry. I would have been quite annoyed by the whole playground scene, too.

imperiowoman said...

I totally would have lost it at the zoo! The person who told me I have to leave would have left running thinking they were dealing with the biggest crazy person. Days like that are crazy and when it comes to eating in places like that and everybody is tired, hungry and hot it takes forever to get things set up, I would have just gone over the edge.

Jenni