Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Fun

Last week we went to our library for their storytime that is focused on Christmas. My boys sat the entire time. Believe me, when S. was 2 that never happened! It's funny how two boys raised by the same parents can be so different. Not that I'm complaining! At any rate, then Santa Claus came. My boys were first in the line to meet him and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. As you can see, Tot was clearly not impressed. He did sit on his lap and thankfully didn't cry, though.
My boys LOVE the library! Our new library was built three years ago, and the youth section is awesome! The boys are always excited to go, which warms my heart since reading is very important to me. As you can see, S. is into the abacus, and Tot has a book along with a favorite puzzle.
One of my favorite things that I have done this Christmas season is making a ginderbread house with the girls. This is my first time ever making one. My friend lost her mother when she was in her 20's and her mother was in her 50's just like my mom. She also had to watch her mom's health deteriorate right before her eyes. Oh, and her mother was misdiagnosed as well. My point here is that the holidays are very hard for her too. Finally, someone understands me. I'm not saying that people don't try to sympathesize with me, but it's like anything, unless you've experienced something you can't truly know what it's like. Anyway, this friend tries hard to make the holiday more fun. So this year she invited me, along with some other ladies, to make a gingerbread house. I had so much fun!
Now that the boys are getting older, primarily S., I am enjoying the season a bit more. Now I am scared about how I'm going to feel after Christmas. Last year was so hard, ever harder than the season itself. Any suggestions on how to make after the holidays better??? Anything you do to make it more fun or at least bearable??? PLEASE share it with me no matter how small.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to plan some things to look forward to for the weeks after Christmas. Like a night out with the hubby (without kids, of course), maybe a girls night out, a fun weekend getaway with the family. Just a couple of things that can maybe cancel out some of the after-Christmas doldrums.

Jen Taurus said...

Sorry Sweetie but we are in the same club. I am actually really positive about this holiday season and do still feel sad in some ways.

The past year was the worse. Catch ya later.......

Sue said...

The pics are very cute, esp Tot with Santa (not overly impressed lol).

I agree with anonymous above - plan a night out (esp now you have a babysitter!) and try to keep as busy as possible during the day. Easier to say that from my end of the world I know (it's summer), but can you get out most days? Can you go away for a mini-break somewhere different, if only for a couple nights?

I'll be thinking of you.