Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hopefully, It Doesn't Come in Threes!

Well, our friends' divorce is going to happen. The husband called, and was in tears when he was talking about it. He said he still loves her, and wants to go to counseling, but his wife has made up her mind. It has only been a week since she told him. I imagine it must be very difficult for them both. We told him that we aren't going to take sides, but that we will support them in any way we can. I don't live with either of them, so I don't know what has been happening in their marriage. All I know is that I am very sad for them.

Well, that's the first thing that happened this weekend. The second was when we received word that a man from our church passed away unexpectedly. His wife knew my mom and her battle with cancer. I also was in a Bible Study class with her. At any rate, she had just finished HER last treatment for breast cancer. To celebrate, they went to Las Vegas. One of the days they were there, he complained of having a headache and being tired. He went to sleep and never woke up. I was shocked. These people are so awesome. Again, I was shocked by this information. It felt like it couldn't be true. I just saw him. But it is true just like our friends' divorce.

I so hope nothing else bad happens. You always hear about these things happening in threes. I pray that that doesn't happen here!

***Update on Ryan's asthma: We went to the doctor yesterday. Luckily, his lungs sounded good. The doctor doesn't want him going out much due to the cold air causing asthma attacks. He then gave me a referral for a Pediatric Pulmonologist from the children's hospital. I'm glad about that! He has had too many attacks already. I feel so bad for him! He is still continuing to take Singular once a day, and Pulmacort twice a day through a nebulizer. Poor baby!

No comments: