Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Finding a Sitter; Getting My Sanity Back

After watching 'John and Kate Plus Eight', and seeing how they found their sitter, I decided maybe it has come to that point where I need to look for a regular sitter, like I had last year and the year before, somewhere other than at church. Let me just say that Hubby's work hours have gotten to the point where we really only see him, for any length of time, on the weekends. Preschool ends in less than three weeks, so S. will now be spending even more time with the Tot and I. Let me explain. S. has boundless about of energy. I mean, as my brother delicately put it, he never stops! If Tot is up, S. is constantly egging him on and bothering him. Don't get me wrong, they do have their cute moments, but mainly he makes me want to pull my hair out! Tot is also entering the terrible threes, so there has been a lot of "no-s" lately, but so far he has been easier to deal with than S.

Mainly I am a single mother, and since I have no one to really help me, I am just, how do I put it, tired. Not just physically either. Getting back to the point here, I went on the Nannies4Hire website deciding it was time. I found some people in my area that I would like to interview. The problem? I have to pay between $200-$300 just to get their e-mail information, etc, so I can set up interviews. I do understand why they have to do this, it's just that it puts another roadblock up in my quest for sanity. Oh, and as Kate explained on the show, this person will be a babysitter not a nanny. I only want so many hours a week; not full-time. I'll have to ask Hubby about this. Yes, I am at that point. Excuse me now while I go up to S.'s room to talk with him about his latest mishap. He's been in there for over 2 hours. Yes, this mishap has not been his only mishap of the day. Nope. The first one happened before we got out the door today. I love him so much, but I need a break!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Yes, we mums definitely need and DESERVE a break now and again. Good luck finding the perfect sitter for the boys.

Tanya said...

Have you thought about going to the local Junior Colleges. A lot of times girls studying to be teachers like to work as Mothers-helpers in the summer. :) Just an idea. I think you can post something on the job boards over there.

Katie said...

I completely understand! We love our kids SOOOO MUCH but sometimes we just need a little break. When I tell my husband this, he doesn't seem to understand. I hope you will find a trustworthy sitter for your boys.

I also hope you had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! I was able to spend the day shopping for our Hawaii trip next week. Then the four of us went out for dinner later on so it was nice for me. What did you do?