Monday, May 05, 2008

Maybe Some Good News???

I attend a weekly Bible study at a church that is not my own. I have done this for about 5 years now. Anyway, I have gotten to know the women well. When asked if anyone had prayer requests, I mentioned my quest for a sitter. Last week was horrible guys! One of the woman told me to write my info. down, and she would give it to some girls that she knows. That evening I got a call from her niece. She is only sixteen, I have mainly used college aged kids, but she said she drives, so that's good. Tonight, Hubby and I are interviewing her. You know talk to her to get a feel for whether she is responsible, trustworthy and if the kids take to her. Hubby thinks we shouldn't even bother, but I don't know this girl. I sure hope that this works out. Guys, I really need a break. I get the kids up every morning, and I am the one who puts them down to bed every night. Telling you that it is wearing me out is an understatement.

S. last week decided to put handsoap all over the mirror in the one bathroom. I had him clean it up. He did two more things, so then I had him wash one part of the floor. This is in addition to his weekly dusting job. There are two camps in my life. The ones who say, "Good for you All of the hard work you're putting in now will pay off.", and then the, "You're putting two much pressure on him. He's only five group." I guess you can't please everyone, not that I'm trying to.

Tot is in his third week of potty training. It's going pretty well. Pee-wise at least. The only exception is when he's with other people, and they give him too much to drink. Plus, if he's playing, he doesn't want to stop to use the bathroom. Poop-wise, he is trying, but it seems like he gets scared. He asks to go on the potty multiple times, but then can't go. He gets very upset. Last Friday, he even asked for a diaper when he had to poop. I should have just given him one as he ended up pooping twice in his underwear. Anyone who has ever had that happen to them knows just how awful it is! Presently, I am waiting for him to poop before we go outside. He has tried to go on the potty, got frustrated and I just gave him a diaper. Sometimes, he is able to hold it until nap time, just like his brother used to do. We always put a diaper on him when he's sleeping, so I figure if he can wait until then, it's a good sign and I am happy with it.

Well, I pray that this girl will work out. Last Friday I had a meltdown. Working 24 hours seven days a week mainly by yourself is just not working for me. This would be a good thing for us all. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

I wish I could come there and help you. Even thought I'm in pain, I'd help you in a second.

Bev - these school aged kids are kicking my ass badly. I hope I get hired for next year. We are moving to our 2nd daycare this year because the Boys and Girls Club are closing a week before school get's out and it sucks.

I wish you had options. Atleast you'll catch a break if S goes to school in the fall.

Keep your head up or just go buy an expensive purse and enjoy it for me. Since I'm broke and B-day is Sunday. 35 is looking ugly!

Katie said...

I'm having a hard time potty training my tots too. They seem to do ok sitting on their potty trainers but they just won't do anything on it. As soon as I put their diapers back on them, then that's when they go. Its very frustrating. I guess they are not comfortable yet and I will not push them so much. We'll just take it day by day...I'm sure they will get it eventually. I know your son will too.

And good luck with the sitter! I know you are so ready for one.