Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Babysitter Etc....

Well, I did have that girl come over, and she seems very nice, and the boys like her. She is also very pretty, blond hair and blue eyes...you get the picture. I could tell right away she was Dutch. There is a large Dutch community here, particularly at the Christian schools she attends. Prior to high school, she was homeschooled. I have never met someone who was homeschooled before, so I asked her how she liked it. She said she hated it; that she is a people person, and being home with her mom all day wasn't fun at all. It was interesting to talk with her about it. However, I thought I made it clear when I interviewed her that we would like to have her sit on one weekend night a week or every other week. So far that is not working out, but we'll see. Maybe in the summer she'll have more open time.

I have started back up at the gym again after four long months. They have a wonderful, large and clean kids' area. The boys love it, which has been helpful. I'll tell you though, it's kicking my butt! In the two+ years I've been going there, I have never missed so many consecutive months. My body is definitely feeling it.

Tot is completely pee trained, but don't ask me about pooping in the potty! Just the thought seems to scare him. He'll say several times in a row he wants to go potty, only to have no success every time. It's been frustrating for all of us. Speaking of Tot, I better go get him up from his nap. He is coughing hard. It's May for pete's sake! How can he be sick? Anyway, I'm going to give him some Albuterol. The boy hates his inhaler, but what can I do?

No comments: