Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Couldn't Make This Shit Up If I Tried

A week or so before Christmas, Hubby and our brood were at church on Sunday. I had a few things to do after the service, so there were only a handful of people still around. One of them was our pastor. Our pastor, PT, motions for the Hubster to come into his office. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. I took the kids down to one of the kids' rooms while they talked. Finally, the natives were getting restless, so I walked them back to PT's office. Hubster walked out with us, as they had just finished talking.

He told me that we'd talk about it later. The kids were in the car with us, and we don't like them to hear certain things. Later that night, Hubster told me that my ILs have apparently been sending him letters every so often, and they had just sent him a new one. Now my ILs do not like our church one bit, and the only time they ever talked to our pastor was when all of the shit was going on between us, and they wanted him to talk to us. To get us to realize the error of our ways. Can you say manipulation???

I had assumed from that time til' now that they had given up. Since they moved down south, watch me do my happy dance!, and the cousins that live here won't get involved, the only person they have that could possibly tell us the error of our ways would be our pastor. Can you believe that now they are using a man of God? And I mean use. They care not one iota about that man. They just want to use him to get to us. How pathetic is that? It has been three years since that fateful day whereupon they demanded to see 'their' grandchildren'. I kid you not. My FIL expected just to push his way into our house. Lovely, eh? They showed their true colors, and scared S. because he could hear Hubby's dad yell at me. For the next week S. was acting out. So MIL and FIL get over it. You screwed up big time. Don't use my pastor or my boys. EVER.

Right before Thanksgiving, Husband's sister did tell us that his parents wanted to see the boys. That we had said after a period of time went by that we'd let them see the boys. What their selective memory doesn't remember was that was only going to happen when/if our relationship was salvaged. And yes, we had assumed some part of the relationship could be salvaged until that fateful day. Hubby simply responded they can't see our kids if we, the parents of said kids, aren't having a relationship with his parents. I mean how confusing would that be. Besides we simply don't trust them with the boys. They have taken S. places that we specifically told them not to take him. There are other examples, but I'll leave it at that.

So there you go. Can anyone imagine just why we don't have a relationship with them? This whole episode with our pastor reiterates who they really are. Master manipulators who will do anything to get what they want. How sad is that.

1 comment:

imperiowoman said...

This sounds all too familiar to me... Are you sure our husbands aren't related in some way? Hope everything worked out and you are now back to "out of sight out of mind"

Jenni