Sunday, June 12, 2005

On My Own

Tomorrow Jeff is going back to work. He's been home a month, and I have particularly enjoyed having him home. I generally enjoy having him around, but lately he's been my rock. My MIL is coming tomorrow afternoon with lunch, I want to see how I do on my own in the morning, and then is watching the kids while I go to my first psychiatrist appointment. YIKES! I am a bit nervous as I dread new situations, but this cannot be avoided. I am feeling better. I am ready to praise the drug companies as if it weren't for them I probably would be in the hospital right now. I remember five years ago when I had obviously been depressed because I was infertile, that when the topic of anti-depressants came up I was so against them. I said I didn't want to become dependent on them, that I'd handle it myself. Well, that time I did, but this time I couldn't. Why do I suck so much at being the mother of a newborn? Why can't I have a baby and just get on with it like so many other women seem to do? Why me? Why now?

I seriously thought that having another baby would solve everything that was wrong in my life. And when I was pregnant and missing my mom, I would just think about something that had to be done in preparation for the baby and do it. My hormones were even; I felt the best I had in years. Then I have the baby, feel an instant bond, and a week and a half later everything falls apart. I have never felt that bad before, not even when I had PPD with Steve.

So now that I feel better, it is time for Jeff to go back to work and for me to figure this mothering of two thing out. I am excited at this prospect and scared to death as well.

1 comment:

Jen Taurus said...

Hey Bev,

Good to hear that things are so so.
It's funny how you wrote that you figured having a baby would make things better. I feel the opposite, having another baby might make things worse for me.
I had such a horrible depression during my pregnancy it's scared me from having another. Besides the extreme cost of raising a baby and using daycare.

I am scared to take the leap. It's not like you knew things were going to go wayward for you. You did try everything you could to hedge it off. Please know that your seeking help, it takes alot of courage to seek help. Atleast for me it was alot to just look up a dr and get a refereal for my depression. I've had it for soo long too.

I am very tired this week, I had a reaction to some medicine and that's wiped me out. Maybe my med's need to be checked or something. Oh yeah, having another baby makes me so anxious too. I think yes, and theeeeen if it's time to try I'm like NNNOOOOO.
So, we may just have one. I'm 32 now and I don't want to have any kids after 35.

Jen