Friday, October 14, 2005

Best of Friends




Steve and our dog Maddy love each other so much; it is so cute to see! Maddy was our first 'baby', and I was very worried about how she would accept kids after being an only dog for so long. Well, I needn't have worried. Many times she will go to Steve, and try to coerce him to play with her. And the bonus of this friendship is that whenever I want a few moments to myself, I just have to tell him to find Maddy, or go play with Maddy! LOVE that! The funniest thing, though, is that Steve was always heavier than her; she is only 8 pounds and he was almost 9 at birth. Maddy is no priss though. She rarely barks, she's tough as nails and she believes she is not a Shih-Tzu, but really is a German Shepard or such. It's so funny. But the thing I love the most about her is that she lets me hold her while I fall asleep. I have chronic insomnia, and this really helps. Like a security blanket, I guess. When my mom died, I only could fall asleep with her right next to me, and she hasn't left my side since.

No comments: