Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another Way the Kids Have Changed Us

The utility room, mudroom, or whatever you like to call the place when you wash your clothes, is where we have had to put our computer since the Tot was born. It used to be in a nice, warm bedroom. Our utility room is actually rather large, but it is a utility room and it is attached to the garage. Presently, it is continuing to snow as it has for like the...uh..last 9 hours, and it is still damn cold. Which leads me back to the utility room. My hands are freezing! My fingers are so cold it is literally uncomfortable to type. I am also listening to the awful noise our furnace is making, while praying 'Please God let the furnace continue to work so we don't freeze to death, or have to go to a hotel.' I am also putting off calling my soon to be ex-cleaning lady to tell her we no longer need her services after what happened two weeks ago. I think we might have been fired anyway, which makes this call even more anxiety producing than normal. I'll have to tell y'all that story some day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your utility room cannot be as frigid as ours is.....try 35 degrees! You'd have to be wearing your parka and gloves to type in ours. Of course, ours is tiny, so it could never house a computer! Stay warm!!