Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Car, New Purse, Good Ass Jeans and a Good Birthday

Yesterday Hubby and I went to pick up our new Honda Accord. The only option Hubby didn't get was the navigation system. My favorite piece of equipment is the XM Satellite Radio package that came with the car. It's free for three months, which is the only reason we have it. I must say, though, I love it! Music with no commercials as well as a bundle of stations, who knew? I do have a problem with change. Trading in our old car was very hard for me. It was my first new car. Yes, I had two other cars before, but both were used. Let's just say that teaching doesn't pay much. When I got married, Hubby and I saved enough for me to get a new car. I was so proud of that car, and I kept it so clean. After three years it went to Hubby as S. was born and a minivan was purchased. That car reminds me of teaching at a better school district, and generally of life before the kids. When I was pretty much the only one who drove such car. It was mine. It was clean. I know I keep focusing on the clean. That is because it seems that with two kids in the van every day, it isn't as easy to keep it clean, which bugs me. So anyway, Hubby is happy to have his new car, as am I. Now I no longer have to 'talk' about it everyday.
Picture#1---my old 99' Honda Accord. She was a good car, and I'll miss her! (I sound like a guy when I refer to a car in female terms, don't I?
Picture#2---our new 07' Honda Accord in their 'new' Carbon Bronze color. I included it because you can see the color better than in picture #3.
Onto the purse. Two weeks ago, Hubby's company took his department out to a 'thank you' dinner for all of their hard work completing a deal. Hubby worked a lot of hours on it, so I thought it was really nice that they were doing this. Well, Hubby came home from this dinner with two $500 Amex gift certificates. He gave one to me. He said I was instrumental in this deal as well since I was the one who was with the boys so he could spend all the extra time at work. He thanked me, and said he couldn't have done it without me. What a guy! I was given instructions to buy something frivilous with it; before he said that I had seriously asked if they could be applied to car payments. Yep, I am practical. Anyway, yesterday we went to the mall with the more expensive stores. I ended up buying a Coach purse. It was indeed a frivilous purchase as I am sure I will never spend that kind of money on a purse again! Now I'm not sure I like it. What do you think??? Click to see the detailing.I also bought a pair of Seven for all Mankind jeans. When I had first heard about them, I thought that was way too damn much money to spend on a pair of jeans. Then I tried them on to get them out of my head. Like many women, I have a hard time finding jeans, I am short, and I have had a baby. I also am sick of showing 'crack' when I sit down. Well, they looked fabulous, and I coverted them for nearly three months. I finally bought them, and had to have them hemmed, but they look awesome! Even Hubby says my ass looks good in those pants. I think of them as equivilant to Guess jeans in the 80's. Yah, they are overpriced, but they do look good. And this time, I didn't have to babysit for a week just to buy them!

After we shopped, Hubby and I went to have dinner at The Weber Grill. We were having a nice time, but began to wonder what happened to our food. It had been nearly an hour, and we were getting hungry. Turns out our ticket had been misplaced. The manager came over to our table and told us that our entire dinner was free. So I ordered another glass of wine and dessert. I was very impressed with how well they treated us. They truly seemed to want us to be happy enough to come back. And we were. The dinner may have taken us two hours to get through, but without the kids and then a free dinner, yah I didn't mind waiting for our steaks! You can see a little of my jeans in this picture. I didn't think anyone would be interested in looking at my ass. Believe it or not, this is the best picture we have of me blowing out the candles! Excuse the mess in the background.Today we went to dinner with my dad and his wife. We all had a good time, and the boys were excellent. Well, The Tot was whiny until I asked for some crackers for him. Man, that kid loves food! Today was my actual birthday, and it was a very nice one. The weather was warm, and I spent it with my boys. Every gift was wrapped in pink paper, and the gift itself had pink somewhere on it. Why? Because I am the only girl in a house of boys, my oldest informed me. Yes, pink definitely is not plentiful in this house! I can't ask for any more than I have. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband, kids and family. I only wish my mom was here to see it, but in a way, I bet she was.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the purse. :) What a fun way to spend some $$. :)
Rockinmom

Anonymous said...

e-mail me and I will send you my blog info. :)
rockinmom

Kate said...

*drooling*

I've been eyeballing that EXACT SAME BAG for months!

Anonymous said...

your new car rocks!! :)

Go hubby!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Bev...that was me.

Sandi P.

formerteacher said...

Thanks rockinmom and Kate! I decided I am going to keep it. I think it was sticker shock and all. You know, like there were so many toher things I could have spent th emoney on. MOre practical things. BTW, rockinmom, I can't find your e-mail. Do you still have mine??? We have to figure something out.
Thanks, Sandi! I do like the new car, even if I have only driven it once! Hubby DOES rock!

Teachermom said...

You've been a busy girl! Cute pic, too. :) Man, those are three big scores in a short amount of time...you've got the retail midas touch right now!

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job shopping. Isn't it so hard to NOT focus on the price tag?? And so hard to buy for yourself? Glad you had a very happy birthday.....belated birthday wishes, my fellow Piscean!!

formerteacher said...

Thanks teachermom and colleen! I have been busy, but a good busy this time. COlleen, it IS hard to not focus on the price tag and also to buy for myself! Ah, the life of a mom....