Friday, May 11, 2007

ALWAYS Follow the Directions!

You would think that as a former teacher who constantly reiterated the importance of following the damned directions, assuming they actually read said directions, that I would definitely heed my own advice. But, oh, no. Not me. You're probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about, right? I only wanted not to have to shave my legs daily. I bought Veet, the one with the 'razor less razor'. I applied the cream hair-remover all over my legs; I did not spot check for allergic reactions or irritation. After all, I don't have the time I thought. Silly, silly me. The bottoms of my legs fared much better than the tops. The tops of my legs are raw. It looked like I had hives at first. Now it looks like my legs have broken out. And it hurts, too. Did I mention that it was in the 80's all week, and it was so hot a few people even turned on their air conditioners yesterday. (Not me. I've waited too long to be able to open up my windows.) I'm not super vain, but I could just not put on a pair of shorts and walk out of the house. As it is, S. asked me what happened to my legs, and not in a sarcastic tone. He was very concerned, and wanted to know which 'lotion' did that to his mommy's legs. So, lesson learned the hard way. Always follow the directions. Or maybe you'll end up with something worse than my gross-looking legs!

4 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Bev -

Call the dr and get some oral medication for the break out. It does sound like hives. That nair and stuff eats my skin up. Raw red and hurting.

It even ate up my arm hair one time. Get a intuition razor, I love them. Unless you can afford to her the hair perm removed which i heard hurts tons too.

I'm sorry it's hot and your legs are killing you. If you don't go to the dr atleast get something to heal it up. I'm all about the medicine.

Enjoy the weekend even though it's off to a bad start.

Jen Taurus said...

Do u watch notes from the underbelly? It's kinda funny.

I wrote a long time ago about pregnant girl at work, well she's back and pregnant as ever. This is her 5th accident. Yes, accident. Now how in the heck can you have 5 accidental pregnancies, 4 since 2004. She's a freak.

My reaction, thank god I don't have to put 10 shoes on those feet.
Cost or time wise. So, no I'm not happy for her or your sister in law. I know you feel like god is testing you by giving her girls, but those girls will probably have hurdles in their lives, especially with the family dynamics. You'll be greatful not to be part of all that. Did she know you wanted a girl. Does she gloat?

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Oh no! I am sorry. Can the doctor prescribe you something to make it go away? I am allergic to everything so I am always using this topical steriod and it works pretty well. I hope it looks and feels better soon!

formerteacher said...

I'm feeling better, thanks! I've just learned a very important lesson!