Thursday, May 31, 2007

Love in the Afternoon

This week Hubster has been on vacation, and we have planned nothing. I actually have kind-of liked not having anything scheduled. Having Hubby around during a week with nothing scheduled feels a bit like having a nanny around. I can leave when I want to, but have to take care of the kids at some point during the day. And there are benefits to being around each other with no stress from his job.

Ahh..the benefits. Hubby's vacation has managed to occur during 'sex week'. I'm fairly certain he didn't plan it that way. Anyway, one afternoon I could tell he was in the mood, I knew I was in the mood, so I suggested putting on a video of S.'s choice, since Tot was napping, and getting busy. He was horrified, at first. He was afraid of our oldest walking in on us, and seeing something that would upset him for years to come. On a side note, when I was a kid my brother dared me to open my parents' door when it was closed one afternoon. All I can say is if you're going to have sex while the kids are awake, lock the door! I know that seems obvious, but for some people it is not. Apparently, it was not obvious to my own parents!

I told Hubby we would lock the door, put the t.v. and fan on for noise control, and be fast. Yes, our oldest is 4 1/2 and we had never done this before. What can I say? I think what made it so excellent was the thought that we could get caught. It felt like being a teenager again trying to make out on the couch while the parents were in the other room. Remember the Sex and the City episode where Miranda's new boyfriend could only have sex if they did it in public? He had to know there was a chance of getting caught to get turned on. Well, I'm certainly not that adventurous, but I will admit that there's something to that. I mean after nearly a decade of marriage, and cough, cough, more than that many years of sex together, things can get a little, well, blah.

Oh, and another benefit to vacation sex? How do I say this? Um, things take longer. While this can be frustrating for the Hubster, it is a win-win for me.

Some day when I'm dead and gone, my boys will find these posts, I print them, and will learn more about their parents than they ever wanted to know! But what I hope they learn is to never get complacent about their marriages. Be open to trying new things in all areas not just sexual ones. (Their father is getting better with that, and it certainly is nice.) Never take each other for granted. I can honestly say that my husband is my best friend, and I hope that they will be able to say thing about their wives. And after 12 years together, I am not bored being married to him. Not even a little bit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Bev, you have a week designated for sex?? It's good your husband wasn't out of town! You need not share what happens in that situation---BA HA HA!!! Wise move locking the door. Children can surprise you sometimes and NOT be glued to their show. It's rare, but it does happen. A long time ago Ken and I were having an intimate moment in the, AHEM, bathroom, when Rachel came to the door. Ken quickly locked the door and said that Mommy would be out in a minute. This was quite a while ago, so she was very clueless--thank God! Ken and I have been together the same amount of time as you and your husband, so I could relate to this post!

Tanya said...

My daughter walked in on us (in the middle of the night) when she was about three and scared the crap out of me when she said.
"Are you guys done yet? I need a drink."
Ummmm yeah-- now we triple check the lock on the door.

Kate said...

Whohooo, you go girl!

I vaguely remember what sex is... :/

Now that I'm on HRT, I have NO libido. It sucks.

Jen Taurus said...

You blog sucks, I keep losing my comments after I type them. You know I'm long winded. I update my blog.

I love a midday pounce. I was so mad at my husband but I knew we had to have baby making sex so I was ready to pounce. Is it selfish for me, yes, do I care nope. As long as we see a positive hpt soon I'll forgive him.

This is such am emotional time. I was never an emotional person and it embarrasses me to be so emotional now. Over my body and how it's failing me. I know it will get better, but I've done my time. I'm sick having bad stuff happen to me. I"m a good person. Atleast I like to think so.

JT

formerteacher said...

No, Colleen, we don't have a week designated for sex. It just seems the week before I ovulate Hubby starts to look really good. I affectionately refer to that week as 'sex week'.
It's funny to hear others stories about how they got caught. Believe me, I fear that, and double check the locks. Maybe now I should triple check them!
Sorry Kate about no libido. That is starting to worry me. I'll e-mail you.