Thursday, November 15, 2007

'80's Chic'

I hate my bathroom; I always have. However, spending thousands of dollars in fertility treatments, and the cost of actually taking care of said kids, is very expensive as most of you know. Three years ago we gutted our kitchen, because it was even worse than my bathroom! Hubby has finally agreed to getting estimates, and if we can afford it, going ahead and gutting the bathroom. The contractor just called left a message. I need to call him to find out his estimate, and I am scared it will be too much and I'll have to live in the '80's chic' bathroom forever! Now here are some pictures of the bathroom so you can all see how nasty it truly is. After you see these pictures, I ask you , could you live with this?


Above is the lovely wallpaper. Isn't it beautiful? And the faucet, the top piece fell off a few years ago. I didn'y fix it because I was determined that I was going to remodel the bathroom, so I wasn't going to spend one more dime on this bathroom.


This is the inside of my vanity. It is plywood. In the middle cabinet, apparently there was a leak, so it now is uneven and gross. Below you will the beautiful cabinetry. Nope, not really wood either. Just some kind of presswood afixed to plywood. Not even a wood veneer. How cheap and disgusting!



Oh, aren't these lights something special! Can I tell you how hard it is to apply make-up with this shabby lighting! And how ugly!

The floor below is quite impressive too. Yuk!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the estimate isn't too terrible. The 80s chic would bother me too.

Colleen said...

My bathrooms suffer from the same bad light fixtures, ugly faucet and possibly the same flooring---is yours actual ceramic tile or is it linoleum made to look like tiles? Hard to tell from the pics. Hopefully you get your way and can shed the 80s chic (love that term). I'll be jealous, though, because my husband doesn't want to spend any more money on home improvements, even though I still have a list of things I'd like to change.

Kate said...

ROFLMAO @ the bathroom lights. Those are too much!

My parents have more or less completely redone their early-90's house, except for this gosh awful linoleum in the bathrooms. It's this horrible textured stuff that's supposed to look like pink and gray rocks.

Jen Taurus said...

I hope you find something soon.

You need to blog again it's almost been a week. Are you up to your ears in demo costs?

Teachermom said...

All I can say is that I hope you keep the pendant lights on chains...c'mon, they're a treasure! :)

Also, my 60's bathroom wanted to let your 80's bathroom know that it's jealous. :)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!