Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A lot of Little Things

Last week Hubby's sister brought over the twins for a visit. It was our first time seeing them, and they were SO cute! I thought holding a 10 week old baby would make me want to have another, but it didn't. It really made me realize how much I like having children who can take care of things for themselves and can communicate their wants and needs. Plus, they don't have to eat every two to three hours, which is definitely a plus! S. loves babies, and was so happy to hold one of his cousins as was I.
On Sunday, we put up our new Christmas tree. This time we bought a lovely 7 1/2 foot pre-lit tree. Boy, did that save us time! Hubby used to take 2 hours to put lights on the tree, and by the time he was done, no one really cared to put up the tree anymore. He also has blown fuses on several occasions because he put too many lights on the tree. Another thing I like about this tree is that it comes in only three pieces. On our former tree, we had individual branches. I hated having to put each branch on the tree one by one! Between those branches and the lights, well, I stopped enjoying putting up the tree! We also put a lighted train up outside, as well as under the tree. Tot LOVES trains. He now looks at them all the time, and says, "Choo-choo lights" and "Choo-choo tree" every time he wakes up and all day long. It is too cute!
***Tot, S. and Daddy putting ornaments on the tree.

Tot looking under the tree as Daddy starts to put the train up.

2 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

How cute and thanks for sharing the pictures of your kids.

I think my daughter has redecorated the tree three or four times since we put it up last week. It's like crack or something she cannot keep her mitts off it.

Jen

Teachermom said...

Sweet pictures! I'm glad you got to meet the twins, and the tree pics are GREAT! I'm really wishing we had a pre-lit tree about now...tomorrow is tree decorating night and I am NOT looking forward to doing the lights.

I'm curious to know how it is that you are able to put a train under your tree without R destroying it!?