Monday, November 12, 2007

Excess

(click on the picture to see it better)
Do you think my youngest son has enough clothes? This does not even include his pajamas, undershirts, socks and summer clothes. I also just gave away two boxes of the clothes he's outgrown!
In my defense, I could not find a box of S.'s old clothes. I kept asking myself where certain things were, but I could not find them. He only had two outfits to wear to tumbling, so I decided I needed to go out and buy some. Being that I had the new clothes for several weeks before I found the box, I ended up washing them all. I can't return them now. He has two of many of the same things. Two exactly the same gray shirts, grey pants, multiple turtlenecks, pants, you name it. What a waste! Looking at his wardrobe I estimate that we spent over a thousand dollars on Tot's wardrobe alone. Wasn't this having two kids of the same gender supposed to keep the cost of clothing down, because one would be wearing hand-me-downs?
Several of the items I bought were from when my mom died. I am an emotional shopper big time, and it is so easy to buy kids' clothes. Rarely does one of them have to try something on. Me, well, I almost always have to try things on. With at least one child. You moms all know how easy that is. Nope, not easy at all! Kind of explains why my kids are way better dressed than I am. A friend of mine once said that I treat my boys like dolls. I am always dressing them up in nice-looking clothes. Whether its jogging pants or church clothes, everything always matches. Can you imagine me with a girl! Anyway, is anyone else like this, or am I the only kids clothing freak???

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Guilty here! And I'm buying for girls so I'm probably spending more than you due to all the party dresses, tights, different types of shoes and sandals. Like you said, it is just way too easy to buy for kids. Not only does no one have to try stuff on, the selection of kids' clothes is way cuter than women's stuff! I recently noticed there were a few outfits in Lauren's closet that she hadn't worn yet which still had tags on them, and of course, won't fit her next summer. While I may have liked to have had a son, I was happy to find out we're having a girl so that those cute clothes can be worn!

Tanya said...

My kids have way too (to?) many clothes. Now that they are getting older and have opinions on what they want, it is getting worse. LOL We spent half an hour in Hollister this weekend with my oldest son. One outfit--- was over 100.00. Ecccck.

Katie said...

Yes, guilty here too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop for the twins. Every time I'm at the store, I HAVE TO look in the toddler section. Almost always, I'll come home with a new outfit or new shoes for both tots. There's always new styles coming out and my babies are outgrowing their clothes so fast! I found a ton of stuff in their dressers that they only wore once or never at all - some of those were expensive and very beautiful clothes. I gave some away and kept some for future babies.

Because I'm unemployed now, I can't go as often as I used to when the twins were younger. I love to shop at Kohl's and Target and I used to go there every week! Lately, its been more like twice a month. And obviously, I buy a little more for my daughter because there's a lot more styles and colors to choose from. I love dressing up my babies and especially taking pictures of them. They won't be small forever, right?