Thursday, December 18, 2008

Calm Before The Storm

Apparently we are going to have some more shitty weather today. On Monday, we had rain that turned into a sheet of ice. Yeah, that was a fun one especially since I had a major amount of things to do. Like take gifts to the damn post office. I won't even go there. I then had to add a trip to Lowe's to buy more salt. Then on Tuesday, we had a major storm that left us with a lovely amount of snow. Since Hubby had to work late, I had to snow blow our steep driveway. Picture me getting pulled by a snow blower down the driveway. Not so fun, though better than the trip up the driveway. The snow blower died twice, and after that it would not start no matter what cuss word I used, "Fucking snow!" "Why the fuck did we ever move back here!", were my two favorite cuss phrases, and I don't use the f-word until I am good and mad. On the news I saw that even Palm Springs and Las Vegas were getting snow. What is going on? I thought we had the whole 'global warming' thing going on!



Today, we are supposed to get the worst of the worst. The one thing Midwesterners at least the ones I know, dare not talk about. An ice storm. Hubby was mad at me for using one bag of salt for just Monday and Tuesday. (On Monday our van kept sliding down the driveway, so I had to use a lot salt). Boy this one is going to freak him the fuck out. I am sure I will be hearing about it too. I told the boys to pray that the ice doesn't come, and that we are all safe in our home with electricity. Ice freaks me out. Most Midwesterners are a tough breed. We really are. But even we fear these storms. Think downed wires, no electricity and wind chills in the single digits. Did I mention my cell phone is no longer working??? I hate snow, I hate ice, basically I hate winter...with a passion. But with part of California snowing, where is there to go???

1 comment:

only_female_in_my_house said...

Most of Florida was in the 80's yesterday. So, that's one place to go! :)

Sorry, Bev. Here in Ga, we've had temps in the 70s for several days now.