Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Entry Not About the Weather!

Damn iTunes won't let me out of their website! And for the life of me I cannot remember my password, nor the answer to their 'security question.'

We're going to see the movie with Tom Cruise in it. I keep forgetting the name. It's the one that starts with a 'V'. I am a huge history buff, particularly of WW2. (My grandfather was stationed in Germany. He wasn't on the front lines, but instead was housed by a German family who could have gotten killed had they discovered my grandfather was living there. Anyway, he fell in love with the family's daughter Marianne. In fact, he stayed in Germany after the war much to the dismay of my great-grandparents. They were going to get married, but I don't know why they didn't. Years later, Marianne moved to the states, and called my grandfather. My grandmother answered the phone and said that upon hearing Marianne's voice, knew it was her. I'm thinkin' the thick German accent might have tipped her off! Never the jealous wife, she told my grandfather, and then I don't remember what happened. I have seen a picture of her when my grandfather put together all of his pictures from the war. I asked him to do that, and that that is the only thing I want when he passes. It's more special to me than any material possession.) Wow! I didn't know I go there! Hey, at least it's not about the weather.....

***I'll post some things from our Christmas later.

3 comments:

Teachermom said...

Let me know how you like Valkyrie! We're getting out to see a movie tomorrow night (or tonight...since I'm up so freakin' late!).

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! K loved your holiday letter. :)

Wait Another Year said...

Yes, give us your review on that movie. I LOVE Tom Cruise but decided to watch The Day the Earth Stood Still instead. It was pretty interesting but I wouldn't give it 5 stars, more like 3.5. I think we're going to see The Curious Case of Bejamin Button as soon as we can find a baby sitter. :D

Teachermom said...

We ended up seeing "Slumdog Millionaire," which I thought was a FABULOUS movie. I highly recommend seeing it if you're able to get out again w/out kids (stop laughing!), or at least rent it when it comes out on DVD. Really, really good.

Hey, are you on facebook yet?