Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Good and the Funny

Last week we had our conference with S.'s teacher. I love her! In the beginning, she told us what a delight he was to have in class. I remember always starting a parent-teacher conference with a positive thing about the child, no matter how hard it was to find one. I know the drill, and it was funny being on the other side knowing why his teacher was saying a positive first. I actually was then waiting for the bad. It never came. How proud I am of my little boy!

S. is in what Hubby refers to as 'the United Nations', of classrooms. He really is. When I went to be the 'paint mom' a few weeks back, I saw all of the different types of children. Black, white, Arab, Hispanic; it was cool! I want S. to be in a room like that, because that is the way the world is. He also has children with learning and behavior disabilities in his room. He is meeting all of the milestones, so I'm cool with that too. His teacher told me that there is a lot of distractions with kids going in and out to be serviced one on one. S. is handling it very well. I was concerned about this in the beginning, but things are working out.

In S.'s classroom there is a Barack. Every time he says his name, I just laugh. I'm sure his parents never in a million years thought that someday their child would have his name in common with a president. Anyway, I told S. that his classmate has the same name of our new president. S. looked at me, and very seriously said, "No, it's Obama." Well, at least he knows the presidents name!

1 comment:

Wait Another Year said...

That was a good meeting! Glad there was nothing negative to report back to you. Your son deserves a yummy treat!