Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Huh?!

My dad has informed me that he and J. are seeing each other again. Huh? Come again? I mentioned the fact that she doesn't want to see our family and has that, well, CHANGED? He said they are working on it. Oh, really. I am just tired of this crap. I know my dad is lonely. I understand this, but I do not want anything to do with this relationship. Do not bring her to my home. Do not bring her by to see the new baby; she is not welcome here. I do not need any stress. I DID like her, however, when you clearly state to my dad that you want it to be only him and you, not US, then that's what you are going to get---ONLY HIM. Jeff said not to worry as she doesn't want to see us anyway, but how come I have the feeling he will try to force the issue. Don't. I respect the fact that he is an adult and thus can do what he likes. That's fine. I do feel like my parents must have felt every time they saw me get back together with an old boyfriend they clearly knew wasn't right for me. It is hard sitting back and watching when I know what is going to happen. BUT he is an adult; he has to make his own mistakes. I accept this. However, I do NOT have to see J. She is not my mother, my friend, my anything. I treated her like one of the family, and how did I get re-paid? Oh, yah. She wanted to cut me and my family out of my father's life. I lost my mom. Let me ask you, was it fair to even think I should have to lose my father too? And therein lies the problem, she didn't think about me/us at all. Furthermore, as I have mentioned before, my son was getting closer to her. Running up and giving her hugs and the like. NO ONE will mess with my son's feelings. NO ONE. I don't care WHO you think you are. It ain't gonna happen. So I plan on having the discussion with my father that he is not to bring her around unless they have officially made plans to marry. Got it. A REAL COMMITMENT, not just talk. I do not let someone into my heart easily, and I let her in. I trusted her; I stuck up for her. It isn't going to happen again. As the old saying goes: trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on ME. And I will NOT be tricked a second time.

No comments: