Saturday, May 07, 2005

Sick!

I am so sorry that I have not posted since, gasp!, Monday. I fell ill on Tuesday with what I call the mother of all colds. It's not bad enough that little Ryan is on his mother's ribs making it difficult to breath as it is, but now I cannot even breathe through my nose. I am a nose breather, and cannot stand having to breath through my mouth. I also have that lovely acid in my throat so breathing through my mouth is very distasteful.

On Thursday I decided I better bring in our dog Madison to the vet. for her heartworm check-up as well as for some S*entinel flea/tick/heartworm pills. When I was in high school our dog got fleas from the neighbor's dog, and well, that will NOT be happening in this house if I can help it! So I brought her in to the vet. that I love who is about 20 minutes or so from the house. Well, it took way longer than that to get there this time as our community is building on every scrap of land left. By building I mean these monstrous houses that are so big you have to wonder who really needs a house that big to begin with. What I do not like more, however, is that the city is letting the construction company run the traffic. So they have blocked off one lane with their trucks and are only letting one lane go at a time. All the while I have a whining dog, who knows exactly where's she's going, and a child in the car. I also have one hell of a cold and absolutely no patience. BUT, this dog was getting these pills damnit because I am not about to have fleas in my house, especially with a newborn. I am a bit anal about some things.

Well, Madison did get her pills and my breathing situation got worse. I am allergic to cats and some dogs. This is not usually a problem unless I am not taking my allergy medications which I'm not. I should have thought about this, but I was too preoccupied with Madision getting those damn pills. UGH!

Today was my nephew, and Godson's, communion. I am not Catholic, but felt it was important to be there. I was not able to make the party, but I am happy to say that I made it through the mass. It was not easy to find something to wear, I tell you. The dress pants that I was going to wear along with my shirt/sweater combo. did not cover my belly. I did not find it acceptable to wear into a church. Can you imagine the priest's face? No, not cool. Luckily I have way too many black pants and was able to find a pair that used to WAY too big, but sadly fit beautifully today. Less than two weeks, I keep telling myself:)

I don't think I am going to make it anywhere for Mother's Day tomorrow. Jeff is home, so he has Steve, and frankly I do not care for the holiday due to my mom not being alive, and dying a few days prior to Mother's Day two years ago. Jeff will probably go over to his mom's for a bit with Steve, and I will lay in bed getting rid of this cold. Sleep seems to be the greatest gift Jeff and Steve could give me right now. At first I felt guilty about not going over to my IL's, but then I told myself it's my day too, I'm sick and nine months pregnant. I think people will understand, and if they don't , well, I have to take care of myself first and foremost. I started feeling somewhat like my husband and son should stay here with me, but truthfully, what can they do for me? I also don't think I will make it to the cemetary to visit my mom, but as a good friend of mine said, that's just a physical place to visit and she's not really there. Her spirit is in heaven and therefore I can talk to her wherever I am.

My boys, Steve and Ryan, did send me some flowers on Friday(with Daddy's help). I love tulips and there are a wide variety of colors in this bouquet. It was really sweet.

I am starting to get excited and a bit scared as Ryan is about to be born. I pray I make it to my scheduled c-section date. Having this planned this time has really helped me to relax. Last time everything was so nuts. Oh, how I hope I have a better experience this time around. I want to enjoy every minute of my newest, sweet baby boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev,

I hope your doing alright today.
I did celebrate either. I think were the only two people in blog land that dislikes mother's day.
My spirit is good. I went to get gas and when I got home the prettiest bird flew past me. I thought of my mom.

I had a good weekend at the beach.
It was pretty cold for swimming in the ocean. We had a very rough night last night, there was alot of traffic outside the hotel. There was alot of drama inside and we didn't get much sleep.

I hope your feeling better. Ryan's delivery is soon.

Jen

formerteacher said...

Thanks, Jen. I am feeling OK. I thought about that bird tha tyou saw, and how beautiful of a moment that must have been. See you must be feeling a bit better if you can enjoy a peaceful moment like that.

Sorry about your rough night. Glad you had a good time at the beach even if it was a bit cold!

Jen Taurus said...

Bev,

I am sure that the red bird was a sign. I had just turned my head and it flew right in front of me.
I just grinned and laughed. I knew it was her.

Today I feel great. I haven't felt like this in a long time.
I will be trying to bottle this up and sell it. I am holding out hope that this paxil is working now. I have been taking it. If I don't I get a headache. I slept sound too.

I hope your feeling not much longer until your delivery. Just think of this milestone and do what ever it is to ease your mind.
Any chance of a masseage.

Jen