Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Did Have A Great Mother's Day!

My wonderful brother and SIL watched our kids so hubby and I could go here. It was so nice! It was just hubby and I for 24 hours. I have never left my children overnight, so this was a much-needed break. We re-connected, more than once!, and feel better about everything. Being a mom is so hard, but never getting a break is not good for anyone. The boys had a good time with their cousins. Heck, S. didn't even want to come home!

Hubby and I pretty much could have used another night as well. Oh, the fun we had! We had dinner at our favorite pre-kids restaurant. I had a Filet with the best mashed potatoes and wine. Yum! Hubby actually could enjoy a drink as well since he would not have to drive home. And the dessert! The dessert!!! We went to Ghiradelli's whereupon I had a chocolate soda and hubby a hot fudge sundae. I am on day three of working out just to make up for it! We walked Michigan Avenue up and down. Looked at the fancy stores and made comments. It was so nice. What was also great was how obvious it was that hubby was very interested in me. It wasn't just about the sex, although that was good, it was about reconnecting. I love my husband in a way that I can't describe adequately. He is my everything plain and simple.

After opening up gifts and cards back at our house, S. asked the Tot in a normal tone,"Tot, do you like your penis?" I told hubby that I'm sure he does, as most men just love them. This was the best Mother's Day I ever had!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I can't beleive we were both downtown this weekend.Doing the same thing
(reconnecting) Probably walked right past each other. LOL I am glad your weekend was as great as mine. :)