Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The New Addition to Our Family

S. has wanted a sister for a very long time. I keep trying to explain to him that he is never going to have one, but you know the preschool set with their constant why questions. Is driving me nuts!
At any rate, my dad and his wife moved into their new home two weeks ago, and recently gave us a little present. Now remember I already have an 8 pound Shih-Tzu to take care of. Our very own diva! Anyway, he, the dog, was having a hard time acclimating himself to my dad's new house,

and was moping around. He is already 11 years old, and my dad feared he was going downhill. My dad brought him over on Friday since they were having their floors ripped up, and the dog came alive again. He seems to love my house with all of its loud craziness! The dog gave me this look, and I knew he was staying for good. It also helps that he was my mom's dog, and refused to leave her side when she was sick. I'm a sucker for loyalty, and a sucker for anyone who was so good to my mom. So, Casper stays....Why is he named Casper you ask? Mom brought him home on Halloween, and he was so friendly and all. My mom was NOT a dog lover, so this dog had to be special to make its way into my mom's heart!

S. was happy about Casper living with us, and even commented on how he knew Casper was a boy. (I think you can guess.) I told him, "It looks like you're never going to get your sister now, S." He replied, "That's okay mama." And with that the sister subject has not been brought up again. Although with the cost of grooming, feeding and maintaining two dogs, I probably should have had another kid!

4 comments:

MB said...

Awesome! What a great addition to your family!

Tanya said...

He looks like a sweet dog. It is nice he loves your home and the company. :)

Anonymous said...

Casper the friendly Dog!! How fun! But if this dog was your Mom's "son", then wouldn't that make him S's uncle??? Try explaining THAT one to S! hee hee hee

Teachermom said...

There you go, someone else to help balance out the boy/girl ratio just a bit!

I couldn't see her picture, though. Bummer.

Have fun!