Thursday, October 26, 2006

Please Say a Prayer, Or Think Positive Thoughts

Today I talked with a potential babysitter. She is the college-aged daughter of a man from our church who also plays basketball with hubby. She seemed very nice. She even said to me that she will work around MY schedule. MY SCHEDULE! When is the last time a person ever said THAT to me???!!! (I think it is safe to say that hasn't happened since before I had kids). At any rate, she can also babysit on the weekend, at night, too. Remember, hubby and I have not been out by ourselves since our anniversary last summer. I told her that; I could not contain my excitement. She is coming by on Monday so we can talk in person, and so we can see if this will not only work for her, but for my kids. Please, please, if you are the praying type, please say one for us that this is a good fit for our family. I would be able to work out during the day, instead of after hubby gets home, which means more time for the two of us during the week. And the plus there would be that I would feel better due to regular workouts, and hey I may actually get in shape again! Also, hubby and I being alone together again, and not only in this house....Well, that is a VERY good thing. I am so excited I can barely contain myself. What a blessing this would truly be!!!

***I have to leave you with this. S. said to hubby, during dinner no less, after hubby said "Excuse me." "What, daddy? Did you fart?" (Remember that he is only 4 years old.) I had to turn around, so he wouldn't see me laugh. I tell you sometimes those kids of ours make it all worthwhile!

3 comments:

only_female_in_my_house said...

Yay on the possibility of a great babysitter. Saying prayers over here! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember those days so well - my youngest is now in second grade but there were times that I thought it would take an act of Congress for me to get a haircut. Really saying some prayers for you that the sitter works out!

Anonymous said...

I hope (and pray) that it all works out for you! If you find a good one, treat her well so you can hang onto her for a while! How great it would be to get into a regular work-out routine, not to mention the break-from-kids-for-your-sanity issue. Good luck!